What is Stopaq?
Stopaq is a low temperature wrapping band coating of uniform thickness. It’s cold applied, non crosslinked, non crystalline, monolithic viscous polymer, with cold flow, self-healing viscoelastic properties, adhering extremely well to virtually any surface. A viscous liquid, fully resistant/impermeable to water. Stopaq principle ingredient, Oppanol®manufactured by BASF, is a Polyisobutene. It retains its visco-elasticity properties at ambient temperature and due to its performance record with BASF since 1935, its been proven over time not to age or change its characteristics.
- Minimal surface preparation required ISO ST2/3
- Water, water vapor and gas impermeable
- Service life of 60 years expectancy with 30 years guarantee
- Adheres to both glass like and porous surfaces
- Creeps into pores and adheres at molecular level
- High electrical resistance
- Its unable to disbond
- Inert to aging and weathering
- Chemical resistant to most Acids/Alkalis
- Under film migration of moisture not possible
- Self healing